Tuesday 21 February 2012

Ali Stone: Victim of the ‘reverse of anti-Semitism’


Sean Christopher Ali Stone, son of renowned Oscar winning Hollywood director Oliver Stone – says he has been target of ‘reverse anti-Semitism’ since he returned from Iran where he converted to Islam last week. Sean says that his father has no problem with his conversion to Islam. “My dad said, ‘Allah be with you’. My father understands that I am trying to bridge certain gaps and bring about peace.”

But he has been shocked by the reaction from others. Sean, about to release his horror movie “Graystone,” said, “I didn’t realize I would be so vilified. It is almost like I am a criminal for having accepted Islam. I didn’t realize Islamophobia was that deep. People have speculated that I have done this because I am from a spoiled family or that I am lost and trying to find myself. That is ridiculous.”

I don’t understand why Ali Stone being born to a Jewish father is so surprised by the reaction he received in the US film industry. May be he missed Jewish columnist Joel Stein’s Op-Ed, entitled How Jewish is Hollywood? published in the Los angelese Times on December 19, 2008.

Ali Stone told Page Six (New York Post):”I have already experienced the ‘reverse of anti-Semitism’, having people within the film industry express a reluctance to work with me now that I have said a simple prayer, ‘There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger’. I’m sure I have bleeped off some powerful people“.

“What I am trying to do is open up a dialogue about religion. There is such Islamophobia in the West. Islam is not a religion of violence any more than Judaism or Christianity is,” said Ali Stone.
“I didn’t realize I would be so villified. It’s almost like I am a criminal for having accepted Islam. I didn’t realize Islamophobia was that deep. People have speculated that I have done this because I am from a spoiled family or that I am lost and trying to find myself. That’s ridiculous. I don’t care if I am criticized,” says Ali Stone.

Even before converting to Islam – Sean Stone was honored by the Zionist Lobby as ‘Defender of Ahmadinejad’ for saying in an interview with The Wrap magazine in September 2011 that “Israel has nuclear weapons, Iran has the right to them and every nation has the right to self determination for defense“.
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian  
The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this Blog!

1 comment:

Kosta said...

Surely there's no such thing as "Islamophobia"; especially in America;
MSWord recognises no such word.
.
.
.
MSWord98, didn't recognise "Palestine" and although it recognised "Zion" it wouldn't recognise "Zionism".

Such is the control of thought, that commonly used words are even deemed unrecognisable.