Thursday 24 February 2011

To the Memories of all who fell...‏In a place called Tahreer.

Of Men And Mountains (A Poem)

by Viken L. Attarian, Montreal, February 12, 2011

dedicated to the memories of all who fell
for their fellow humans

My name is Martin Luther King,
I have been to the mountain top
And I have seen the promised land.
Whereto I march and fall
For all men to be free.


My name is Tenzin Gyatso,
I am from the land of Djomolungma,
Where I walked across the mountain tops.
They call me Ocean of Wisdom
I am but a man who has inside
All those who came, marched and fell before me.
My name is Salvador Allende,
My place is in the top of the Andes,
Where I marched and fell
To build a just place.
So that miners would no longer
Be buried alive.


My name is Hrant Dink
My ancestors came down from the top of
The Holy Mountain
To repopulate this earth.
They fell in millions for human redemption
I too with them, to be resurrected
In the cry of "Hepimiz Hrant Dink".

I have no name but I am Massri,
I am black and white.
We have no mountains,
So we built our own,
Five millennia ago to stare down the ages,
My place is a continent where man became man.
My place is a place where civilization began.

It is here that rises the mountain of spirit
For the world to see,

It is here that men, women and children
Declare that they'll always be free.

It all started here


In a place called Tahreer.

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: