Tuesday 9 November 2010

Jewish settlers attempt to kill tourist after mistaking him for a Palestinian


[ 09/11/2010 - 09:21 AM ]

NAZARETH, (PIC)-- A gang of Jewish settlers attempted to kill a foreign tourist from Chile in Jerusalem after mistaking him for a Palestinian, the Israeli daily Ynet reported Monday.

Ynet said the tourist Noledo Dominos Jose, 43, traveled to Israel to attend the wedding of the son of a Jewish friend and stayed at a hotel in Jerusalem.

“They told me I resemble Arabs but I didn’t imagine that would nearly cost me my life.”

Jose was transported to an Israeli hospital in Jerusalem for treatment and suffers from hemorrhaging in the head and eyes. Doctors are concerned he could lose sight in his right eye.

Going into details of the attack, Jose said: “I decided to return to my room in the hotel, and I passed by the Independence park, and suddenly a young man attacked me claiming he was a policeman, and he was wearing Israeli army pants. I tried to get away, but seven other young men joined the ‘policeman’, and I fell on the ground and was not able to escape. I was beaten until I lost consciousness, and I was convinced they wanted to kill me because I resemble Arabs.”

Israeli police acknowledged the incident. “The attack had a nationalist backdrop, as the Jews believed Jose to be an Arab or Palestinian, and five of the suspects were settlers and the others were Jews in Jerusalem.”

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: